Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Do you have a boyfriend? Or a girlfriend?"


Today I got hit on, twice. Both were totally random, and pretty amusing, at least to me.

First of all, let me give you a bit of background. I was at the beach with my sisters and mom from Wednesday night to yesterday (Saturday) evening. It was a hectic but fun time, and I was exhausted driving home last night. I got in around 10 pm, and slept like the dead till I took Greta out at 8:30 am. I had a chill morning, made a bagel and finished watching the last several episodes of "Jericho". Then, I decided to take Greta for a walk.

Wearing my favorite pair of Chris' boxers as shorts, and my classic lime green tye-dye, my unshowered self with morning hair went for a stroll. So Greta and I are walking down the street, and about a block from the house we stopped at an intersection, waiting to cross. This car pulls up to the stop sign, and stops. This is, of course, the law. But he let several other cars go, and I was waiting for him to go so I could cross. Just as we were about to step off the curb in front of his car, he rolls his window down.

He says something from his car, and I can't hear him, so I stepped closer, thinking he wanted directions or something. But when I got closer to his car, he said "you're looking good today. What's your name?" Of course, anyone who knows me would not be surprised by my reaction. I laughed out loud (at the notion that I looked good. I mean, come on.) and then immediately got flustered and turned Greta around and walked back the way we came. As I turned he shouted, "baby, you don't have to leave!", but I was already hightailing it up the street. I wondered why I get so incredibly awkward in these kind of situations. Once he drove away, Greta and I continued on our walk. I didn't think too much more about it, except to realize it had been awhile since something like that had happened.

So, I continued with my day. I did some stuff around the house, unpacked from vacation, and made lunch. Around 2 I decided to go to Wal-Mart. Not my favorite place by far, but I needed to pick up some things and I'm cheap. Wal-Mart was busy, as can be expected on a Sunday afternoon. After finding some cute earrings and a pair of pants, I decided to pick up some tomatoes, peppers, and an onion for dinner tomorrow. In the produce section, I noticed this guy smiling at me across the cantaloupes. I smiled vaguely back, (what?! I'm a friendly person!) and continued shopping. I was in the men's department picking out some shirts for Chris when I noticed the melon guy an aisle or so away, watching me. I was getting a little creeped out, but I also remember thinking to myself, "wouldn't it be hilarious if this guy hits on me too?" As soon as that thought flashed through my mind, melon guy (MG) approached me.

MG: "Hi, how are you?"
Molly: "Good, how are you?"
MG: "Good. My name is Alan. What is your name?"
Molly: --laughs-- "Um..."
MG: "You forget your own name?"
Molly: "Um, no. It's Molly" (INCREDIBLY FLUSTERED AGAIN!)
MG: "Ahh, that's pretty, Molly."
Molly: "Uh, thanks."
MG: "So, do you have a boyfriend? Or a girlfriend?" (I later found this question incredibly amusing)
Molly: "Oh, yeah, I have a boyfriend."
MG: "Ahh, too bad. "
Molly: "Ok, yeah."

As evidenced by this conversation, I have no idea how to handle myself in situations like that. ESPECIALLY twice in one day! Also, it seemed to me to be in very strange situations. Why would you hit on a girl shopping for men's clothes? Isn't that likely to be for a boyfriend, fiancee, or husband? And I don't know many girls who are dating a guy that shouted pickup lines at them out of their rusty Camry. Maybe I just attract the really classy guys. :)

Anyway, since my pheromones are apparently out of control today, I spent the rest of the day at home. Better safe than sorry.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy
Best Buy Coupon