Thursday, August 09, 2007

Birthday Post

I'm 23! Woot!

I determined that 23 is going to be an awesome age for me. Good things are going to happen this year.
Yesterday was a nice day. I felt loved, a lot of people called/texted/emailed me to say Happy Birthday. I talked to Ted, Dan, Teri, Emily, Amy, Sean, Chris, Mom, Dad, Uly, Sarah, Stephanie, Melinda, and numerous people left me messages on facebook. I love my friends and family, I really am lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life.

The only thing that really sucked about yesterday was the cold I developed, apparently in my sleep. I woke up with a stuffy nose, aches and pains, tiredness, and a headache. That basically stayed with me all day. I went to work as usual, but came home a bit early (5:15). Then I studied stats till Chris came home, around 6. He confined me to the living room while he made me dinner and a birthday cake. After we had dinner, I got to open presents! He bought me a new silver chain for my family necklace, which has been out of commission (due to lack of chain) for over 6 months now. That meant a lot, he knew how important that necklace was to me. I also got a groovy little lime green Ipod shuffle!!!! It's the tiniest thing I've ever seen, but will be great for working out. It's also my first piece of Apple merchandise ever.

Now I'm at work, and its thunderstorming like crazy outside. I'm sitting on my computer jamming to Phil Collins, Chicago, The Police, Huey Lewis, Paul Simon, and the like. I love Pandora radio. Speaking of music, guess who has a new CD out!? (Besides 50 cent and Kayne) That's right....HANSON! http://www.hanson.net/ It's called "The Walk" and they're donating some proceeds to an orphanage in Africa. Now that they're an Indie band (writing, playing, and producing their own stuff, without being under a record label) they're getting good reviews. Amazon.com says:

"It's hard to hear The Walk from end to end without wishing the brothers Hanson could go back in time and undo the career-stunting megahit that was "MmmBop." If it wasn't for that 1997 song, catchy and guilty-pleasurable as it was, the boys would be well on their way to winning over the kind of committed audience a disc as focused and fine-tuned as this one deserves. The Walk really showcases Hanson's new found maturity. I hope that this album finally gives Hanson the respect that they deserve. Mmmbop is long in the past and we've begun a new Hanson era. I will always look forward to new Hanson releases - they've developed into a truly amazing band. This album is truly what independent music is all about."
Also exciting, (thanks to Ted for the word on this one!) Hanson is touring! They're coming to D.C and Baltimore next month, and I'm hoping to be able to go. I would be a very happy girl.
Enough about Hanson. Tonight is my Stats final, and my last class! Yay for getting my bachelor's FINALLY!!! I'm not stressed at all about my test today, because Chris figured out that I only need to get a 32% on it to pass stats with a C. I think I can handle it. It would be awesome to knock it out of the park, and get a high B or an A in the class, but I'm not stressing myself out about it. I have no idea what I'm going to do will all this spare time I'll have now that I won't be in class for 8 hours a week. I really want to start exercising. We're going to join the Community Center, which has a pool and a fitness center, and all that, so Yay!

I'm reading several really good books right now. The first is "Happenstance: Two Novels in One About A Marriage in Transition". Half is written by the woman, and half by the man. I just started it, but I really like the author's (Carol Shields) style. She apparently won a Pulitzer in 1995, so I'm not surprised I'm in love with the way she describes feelings. So far, it vaguely reminds me of "The Man in the Grey Flannel Suit". I am also reading "Bellwether" about a sociologist who studies fads. It's interesting to learn about the origin of trends, and who starts them.

Countdown to vacation: 10 days! I absolutely can't wait to spend a week in nature. We're going to Black Moshannon State Park in Center County, pa. Hiking, relaxing, boating, fishing, walking, reading, and sleeping sounds so good to me right now. I am ready for a Walden week, free of technology, work, and the outside world. Yay nature!
I believe that is all for today. Have a fabulous weekend! I know I will. :)
~Molly

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy
Best Buy Coupon