I hate being stressed out.
I hate being sad.
I hate not feeling like myself.
I'm normally a pretty happy person, and i dislike feeling like I have recently. It started last Friday, when I woke up sad, and stayed sad most of the day. The weekend was good, I was with Melinda for most of it. Then this week was the most stressful one in recent history. I worked 7-8 hour days, then had class from 6-8:30. Coupled with the two hours I drive a day - to and from Shippensburg, I was going solid for 14 hours. When I would get home after class, I had to cook dinner, do laundry, clean, do homework, etc. Because life continues, even when you're busy. Chris had an incredibly stressful week at work as well, so we were both highly strung and unhappy.
This weekend was really the only break I had in the cycle. It was a very good weekend. On Saturday we got up and had delicious bagels, and then decided to go for a long hike near Lebanon. It was a lovely walk. About 4 miles in, there was a small graveyard that we went to look at. Apparently there had once been a mining town that settled in the area. The grave markers dated to the mid 1800's, which was interesting to see. On the way back, I sprained my right ankle and fell, hard. I've got a lovely array of bruises and scratches from that. Unfortunately, it was the ankle that I always sprain, and we still had over a mile to go to get to the car. And after walking 7 miles at that point, I was not doing too well. Finally we reached the car and drove home. After warm showers that eased the aching muscles a bit, a short nap, and some quality rest, we went for sushi and pad thai. Then we decided to swing by the movie theater to see if we could catch anything. Luckily for us, Ratatouille was playing. Very well done, we enjoyed it a lot.
Sunday was restful, we couldn't do much due to my ankle. We made Sunday breakfast together, as is tradition, and then went to see puppies at Malec's (which inevitably makes us sad that we don't have one). Then we went to a park in Lemoyne that overlooks the Harrisburg skyline. Afterwards we stopped at Gulifty's for some fried zucchini and a killer cookie for two! I took a nap afterwards, then got up and had to do my homework.
It was at this point that I got really sad again. I know its a mixture of stress, frustration, and plain unhappiness with my job. Plus, Chris is going to be away Tuesday-Thursday, then Friday-Monday, so I'm not going to see him much this upcoming week.
I just need to figure something out, because I can't be depressed like this. I think I really need a vacation.
On the other hand, I am happy for some things. Such as unlimited text messages. Friends. Air conditioning. A new calculator for class. My mom.
I really am a lucky person, I have a lot of people who support me. Now I've just gotta get through the next month!
~Molly
I hate being sad.
I hate not feeling like myself.
I'm normally a pretty happy person, and i dislike feeling like I have recently. It started last Friday, when I woke up sad, and stayed sad most of the day. The weekend was good, I was with Melinda for most of it. Then this week was the most stressful one in recent history. I worked 7-8 hour days, then had class from 6-8:30. Coupled with the two hours I drive a day - to and from Shippensburg, I was going solid for 14 hours. When I would get home after class, I had to cook dinner, do laundry, clean, do homework, etc. Because life continues, even when you're busy. Chris had an incredibly stressful week at work as well, so we were both highly strung and unhappy.
This weekend was really the only break I had in the cycle. It was a very good weekend. On Saturday we got up and had delicious bagels, and then decided to go for a long hike near Lebanon. It was a lovely walk. About 4 miles in, there was a small graveyard that we went to look at. Apparently there had once been a mining town that settled in the area. The grave markers dated to the mid 1800's, which was interesting to see. On the way back, I sprained my right ankle and fell, hard. I've got a lovely array of bruises and scratches from that. Unfortunately, it was the ankle that I always sprain, and we still had over a mile to go to get to the car. And after walking 7 miles at that point, I was not doing too well. Finally we reached the car and drove home. After warm showers that eased the aching muscles a bit, a short nap, and some quality rest, we went for sushi and pad thai. Then we decided to swing by the movie theater to see if we could catch anything. Luckily for us, Ratatouille was playing. Very well done, we enjoyed it a lot.
Sunday was restful, we couldn't do much due to my ankle. We made Sunday breakfast together, as is tradition, and then went to see puppies at Malec's (which inevitably makes us sad that we don't have one). Then we went to a park in Lemoyne that overlooks the Harrisburg skyline. Afterwards we stopped at Gulifty's for some fried zucchini and a killer cookie for two! I took a nap afterwards, then got up and had to do my homework.
It was at this point that I got really sad again. I know its a mixture of stress, frustration, and plain unhappiness with my job. Plus, Chris is going to be away Tuesday-Thursday, then Friday-Monday, so I'm not going to see him much this upcoming week.
I just need to figure something out, because I can't be depressed like this. I think I really need a vacation.
On the other hand, I am happy for some things. Such as unlimited text messages. Friends. Air conditioning. A new calculator for class. My mom.
I really am a lucky person, I have a lot of people who support me. Now I've just gotta get through the next month!
~Molly
1 Comments:
Molls - hope all starts to go better! It will all be over soon! Then we can celebrate!!
Post a Comment
<< Home