I'm so white, and the Beach trip
I'm definitely going to start with this link that Chris sent me today. It's a entry from the Freakonomics blog, based on the best-selling book. "Molly" is the number one name for both cats and dogs, as well as being ranked the "whitest girl name in America."
Now for something completely different.
Went to the beach this past weekend. Rehobeth, to be specific. It was a group trip - Uly, Vicky, Dave (the new, and despised boyfriend), Laura, and Chris and I were in attendance. We left Friday, and the day was bad. I had had a very stressful week at work, and was not in a great mood. Me, the constant conflict-avoider, managed to start a fight with both Dan and Chris. (Starting a fight with Dan is a feat in itself. I think we've only had one other fight in our 4+ years of friendship). Technology played a big part in our argument...our fight was entirely over text messages! Yeah, I'm a dork, I realize. Anyway, I apologized to both, and smoothed things over. Chris and I get to the hotel like an hour and a half before everyone else. We can't check in, because the room is in Uly's name. So we wander around downtown Rehobeth, which has become incredibly trendy/yuppiefied since I was last there. Finally, the rest of the entourage gets there and we check in, around 12. We unpack, hang out, talk, and finally get to sleep around 2:00 am. I'm having a very lovely sleep when suddenly I hear...
"Wake up! Rise and Shine! The day's a wasting! Why is everyone sleeping? The beach is waiting! I'm hungry. Who was snoring last night? When does the pool open? Rise and Shine! "
Cue opening of curtains.
I turn over, look at the clock. 7:15. Dave, the annoying new boyfriend of Vicky, has determined that it's time for the rest of the room (6 other people) to be awake. He literally monologues to himself for about 45 minutes before Chris yelled at him to be quiet. At this point, I'm sooo not liking the new boyfriend. Molly does NOT do well on less than 9 hours of sleep. 5 simply does not cut it.
Besides that eventful start to the day, we had a lovely trip. Spent almost 5 hours of Saturday on the beach, and swimming in the ocean. I only got a marginal sunburn, so no skin cancer for me, yay! We packed our lunch, and ate on the beach. That evening, we walked around downtown Rehobeth and did some shopping while searching for an adequate dinner spot. We ended up at an Italian place, where I had DELICIOUS scallops Florentine. Chris bought some new games, which I'm excited to try this weekend.
Sunday we left and had a very pleasant drive home. There was an interesting conversation about watering the dessert, just because. :) It is interesting to me how much quicker the drive home from vacation seems in comparison to the trip there. Seems to be one of nature's phenomenons.
We went over to Chris' parents shortly after arriving back in Pa, as it was his mom's 60th birthday. We had a really lovely visit. We played one of Chris' new games - The great Dalmuti, I believe it was called. Oh, and we looked at puppies at Malec's. So cute. I really want one.
Monday was nice, as it was the first day of Chris' new working arrangements! We went to Morgan's on front street to celebrate. (He's now home every day of the week besides Tuesdays!!) We had a nice conversation, good food, and delicious beer. (I so love blue moon!)
Yesterday I went home to see the fam, and my mom made vegetarian lasagna. It was delicious. Tonight I'm going to Dan's and he's making lasagna for me too! I am happy, and well-fed. Anyone else want to volunteer to cook for me? I'm totally up for it :)
So that about brings us up to date. Plus I'm tired of typing.
Sianora!
~Molly
1 Comments:
Hey. I miss you. Why can't I go to the beach with you? Sad pants :( And how is Blue Moon suddenly The Beer of Beers? True, it is quite delicious, but still, let's not be ridic. I think it's great you can see Chris almost every day. That is nice. I would like to talk to you sometime, but I have no cell service. So you either get online at night or answer your phone on the weekends. Kisses!
Post a Comment
<< Home