Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Well, it's over.

My grandfather died at 5:00 pm on Friday the 11th.

It was (and still is) a very rough time, but it made me realize all over again how lucky I am. I have so many people in my life who love me and care about me. It's easy to forget that at times. Whenever there is a crisis, whenever something happens, my family is there. Everyone cries together, helps each other with whatever they need, and it creates this amazing web of support. My friends have been there for me, and so has Chris. Because they've been such a source of strength for me, I am able to be strong for my sisters and my mom.

Last weekend was pretty tough for me. I went home to be with my family on Friday, and helped my sister move her college stuff back in the house. Saturday Chris and I spent all day cleaning at my house in preparation for all of my family who will undoubtedly be here for the week. Sunday was Mother's Day, and we went to visit Chris' family in Lebanon for a bit.

I seem to have regained my mono symptoms - I am endlessly fatigued, no matter how much sleep I get, and my throat hurts a lot. Plus, the pain in my lower back/leg has returned full force - I thought I was almost done with it. I am SURE that most of this is stress/emotion related, because that's how my body works. It's just draining.

So anyway. The mass and viewing are tomorrow, and the military funeral at Ft. Indiantown Gap is on Thursday. I'm obviously taking off those two days. On Friday, most of my family is going to a Vineyard in Virginia for the night. We're going to have a nice dinner there on Friday, then Saturday there is a Greek festival open to the public. Chris has agreed to go, as did Amy's boyfriend Sean, so it should be a fun way to de-stress, hang out with family, and have the boyfriends meet the family. (And drink some good wine, hopefully!!)

I think that's about all for today.

Thanks for listening.

~Molly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy
Best Buy Coupon