Monday, April 23, 2007

big update

To start this post off, I have to link to some amusing articles that I read online today.

Please do not be offended by what I find "funny".

Annoying boy eaten -http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/china/article1690634.ece

Cool theme park- http://http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/4728429.html

Awesome story - http://cbs4.com/watercooler/watercooler_story_107023240.html


Also, Postsecret. com is amazing today, I recommend that you check it out. There are some interesting secrets to read.

I'm excited to type today. I'm not even sure what I'm going to talk about, besides my weekend, but I drank a huge thing of sweet tea so I am sugared up, to say nothing about the caffeine! (By the way, did you hear about the new caffeine soap that is being made? No? Check it out! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18230175/)


Ok, so lets talk about my weekend. Thursday night Chris picked me up on his way home from Baltimore. I had gone grocery shopping and bought lots of delicious food, and I was starving. We got to his house around 7:30 and I made dinner, which was very good if I do say so myself. That night was mostly packing and getting ready for our trip the next morning. Friday we got up early and got ready to go. We arrived in Pittsburgh around 2:30 or so, and spent over two hours walking around Carnegie Mellon (Chris' school). It was nice to get to see the campus - it's pretty (see above picture). Friday night we went out for dinner with Chris' friends Jessi and Alicia, and it was a lot of fun. I had amazing Pad Thai, also. Saturday was the BBQ. There seemed to be a good turn out, I would estimate 35 people or so showed up. It was so good to meet all of the friends that Chris talks about frequently. Dinner was traditional German food with Becca, who I had met previously. At 9:00 am on Sunday, we met up with another friend, Melissa, for breakfast (DELICIOUS chocolate chip - banana pancakes!) and then went to the national aviary to see the birds. It was quite fun, I had an awesome time.

The one thing I have to point out, is that a bird crapped on my head. Most of the birds are free - range, and they fly all over the room that they are in. I knew that I was going to be targeted. I even mentioned to Chris before we went in, that I was going to get shat upon. I think it must have been a self-fulfilling prophecy. I took it as gracefully as possible. Oh, and I fed a worm to a bird! That was cool.

We were going to stay in Pittsburgh all day and go to dinner with Chris' friends, but we decided to leave early. We we extremely tired from the weekend, and it is a relatively long drive. So we got home and managed to relax and enjoy the sunshine for awhile, which was awesome.

I do feel like I missed out on a lot this weekend. I was absolutely inundated with news today- not much of it good. Several bad things happened to some of my friends, which is difficult for them. Another friend is not feeling well and going to the ER today, so I'm keeping everyone in my thoughts. Some of my clients had issues over the long weekend (I was away on Friday) that I wasn't there to help them through, which is difficult for me to deal with. One of my clients is living with a boyfriend who abused her son on Friday. She didn't know how to deal with the situation, and I wish I had been there to help. However, another client found a trailer to rent finally, which is necessary as she is being evicted next week. So that was positive. It just seems as though I spent the weekend in a dream, and now I'm back to reality - and the transition was rather abrupt. Oh well, the real world's a bitch sometimes.

Other than that, life is good. The weather is beautiful, and I intend to enjoy it tonight after work. I had a great weekend - it was so awesome to get away from central Pa for several days, I sincerely needed it. I am recharged and happy :)

I'm leaving for Charleston, S.C (one of my FAVORITE places!!) on Wednesday, and I'll be back Sunday. I'm going with my mom to visit my family. I'm way excited about going to the beach!

~Molly

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy
Best Buy Coupon