Odd Day, and my stalker.

Today has been an odd sort of day.
First of all, it was snowing on my way to Shippensburg this morning, despite it being bright and sunny out.
Then, when I went to eat lunch (delicious leftovers from Saturday's dinner) I opened a pack of disposable silverware that I bought for my office. All the forks had messed up tines! The middle two are significantly shorter than the outside two. I had to take a picture (see left) because it amused me so.
I have no new phonemails or emails from the whole weekend...which is extremely rare. It also means that I don't have too much to do at work, so I've busied myself with some long overdue filing and organizing.
I finished two books last night ~ The Prophet of Yonwood (the third in a series) and W;t (a Pulitzer Prize winner for drama). I liked the first book, and the way it tied in the with other two before it. W;t I have read before, and did quite an extensive analysis on in college, as a matter of fact. I wanted to re-read it because I just recently bought tickets to see it performed at the York Little Theater this Saturday. So now I've read two of the five books I brought with me for the week. I think I will tackle Off the Books next. I have started it briefly, and am enjoying it a lot thus far.
So I'm spending this week with Emily. My mom's in Mexico till this Sunday, and Amy's in Florida for spring break, so it's just the two of us. We've had fun so far- yesterday we made pancakes for breakfast, and then watched "Click" (which I did not like. Boo Adam Sandler.) We spent the day lazing around, talking, playing card games, etc. Then we ordered pizza for dinner, I had wine, and watched "Must Love Dogs". After that, she went to bed and I read some. But after waking up at 6:45 this morning, I realized that I need to go to bed by like 10:00, because otherwise I am a TIRED TIRED MOLLY. But all in all, its been lovely so far. I didn't honestly realize how much she misses having me around. Its been good for both of us to spend time together. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week, actually.
Yesterday I payed my second student loan installment. Looks like I only have about 20 years of payments left! :)
Oh, my stalker! He made today odd as well. I wanted to talk briefly about him, since I don't think I have so far. Ok, so his name is David, and he's someone from plentyoffish.com, the online dating site where I met Chris. He's 18 and he lives in California. He's also convinced that he's in love with me.
A little bit of history here...when I first joined the site, I talked to several people, and actually met one in person. That didn't work out, which was fine. Anyway, David is one of the first people I talked to, and he really is a great guy. Besides the obvious problems, (age, distance, and some intense emotions) I would have definitely given him a chance. We talked a lot early on, and I still consider him a friend. But when I started talking to Chris and it became clear that there was something there, I kind of cut ties with David. I would still talk to him occasionally, but made it clear that there was nothing going on, and that I was with Chris. So until recently, I haven't heard much from him. But this past week, he's been sending me really personal emails about how he loves me, etc. Here's an excerpt of a recent email, detailing the reasons why he loves me:
If there are reasons why I love you, I will now say as many of them as I can.
1) You deny how great you are, because you honestly don't see how great you are.
2) You want to be wanted, need to be needed, and appreciate being appreciated. My every breath does give you pleasure this way.
3) You delight in my joy, and listen intently to everything I say. There is no way I can fully explain how much pleasure that gives me.
4) You are amazing.
5) You type fast.
6) You have so many wonderful ideas.
7) You are always concerned about others.
8) You are stable and able to be counted on.
9) You are beautiful.
10) You are funny.
11) You are intelligent.
12) You are kind.
13) There is nothing you won't talk about with me at least a little.
14) You are honest with me, and straightforward.
15) You see my mind as it is.
I type fast...haha. That is definitely cause for love. All of that is sweet and everything...but I'm starting to get a bit freaked out. (That was only 15 out of the 25, by the way) I don't really know how to deal with this kind of a situation. I mean, all I can really do is stop talking to him (email and IM) which I'm basically doing anyway. Hopefully he'll get the point soon? I don't know. Any advice is appreciated. Its a strange situation for me to be in.
12 days till St. Patrick's Day!!!!
~Molly
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home