Friday, February 16, 2007

weekend inside the week!

This week rocked.

Monday I went grocery shopping with my mom, and then ate a late dinner with Mom and Emily. This also happened to be Chris and my three month "anniversary". (I'm such a girl, I know) He remembered as well, and called me that evening. He also told me that he wouldn't be able to come home the next day, Tuesday, because of the snow. This meant I wouldn't get to see him on Valentine's day. I was a bit disappointed, but totally understood. I wouldn't want to drive for hours in the snow either, and I didn't want him to risk an accident of course.

I left work around 3 on Tuesday, due to the snow that was falling quickly, and my hour commute home from work. CAC had an early dismissal. Chris called me and TOTALLY surprised me by saying that he was on his way home from work! The roads were already horrible by then, so he offered to pick me up. (I was pretty certain my agency would have a cancellation on Wednesday). We drove to his house in treacherous conditions, but arrived safely and went to sleep almost immediately.

Wednesday was an absolutely lovely day. Chris had to work from home, so I entertained myself for awhile. I played video games, read, played in the snow, etc. There was lots of cuddling, which is definitely a favorite pastime of mine. We made dinner together (a Valentine Casserole!) and drank Champagne. Best of all, I got all decked out in my Valentine outfit - I was either pink or red from head to foot!

Like most people's cars, Chris' was trapped in a mixture of ice, and plowed in snow from the roads. It took us several hours on Thursday to chip through the ice and snow enough to make a path for his car in the driveway. We literally sat on the sidewalk and hammered at the ice. It worked well, even though it was tiring. I made a snowman (his name is Connor, and he's primarily made of ice) and a slide on the hill. It was a lot of fun. We watched Love Actually later that night, which is one of my favorite movies.

So, basically this week rocked because I virtually had an extra weekend! Now its Friday, I was busy allllll day long, so the day flew by, and I have ANOTHER weekend to look forward to!

I have to say, I love snow. But now I could be ready for spring. I do so love outdoor activities too :)

~Molly

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy
Best Buy Coupon