A plethora of randomness
You know how there's that trend of making churches "hip" by putting funny signs outside of them? Well, I saw one that made me smile this morning on my way into work.
"God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts". I thought that was actually a positive statement. It's the same church that had a funny sign in August: "Hot outside? Try one of our Sundays".
Also, I wanted to put in a plug for a website that my friend Stephanie got me addicted to. It is http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ . I read it every Monday, and today it is exceptionally good, and worth reading. There are some intense thoughts on there this week.
My mom is leaving March 3rd for Mexico! I am really happy that she's going, but very jealous at the same time. She's not really looking forward to it - she hates traveling, doesn't want to take the time off work, and has no desire to go somewhere where "she can't speak the language or drink the water" (her words). I still think it will be an amazing trip for her, and that maybe she'll discover how wonderful travel can be. I keep reassuring her that she'll be staying at a RESORT, in Mexico. Language will not be a problem. Mothers :)
Had another lovely weekend. Friday the four of us (Uly, Dan, Hierald, and I) went out on 2nd street to celebrate Dan's 23rd. We hit up Cafe Fresco, Molly Brannigan's, and McGrath's. It was the first time I had been out with my friends since I started seeing Chris. I have a theory on "going out on the town" while dating someone.
1. Somehow, you become more desirable to all the other guys at the bar.
I do believe this is true. I NEVER get hit on at bars. Ever. I'm not complaining, its not really my thing anyway, and I'm usually out with either Dan or Hierald (which always helps cut down on the creepies). But on Friday, literally four guys struck up a conversation with me, and one asked to buy me a drink, which I declined, politely. What is that?! Why didn't that happen when I was single? I literally never have guys talk to me, let alone offer to buy me a drink. The last drink a random stranger bought for me was on my 21st birthday. So, what is it about being in a relationship with someone that seems to bring other guys out of the woodwork? Very intriguing.
Saturday I chilled in the morning, took a nap because I didn't sleep much the night before, obviously. Listened to some music, did some stuff around my room, got a shower, and then met up with the friends to go bowling. After that, I went to Chris' around 5:00. We went out to eat at the Italian Oven (sooooo delicious) and then got coffee at Starbucks. We were both in absolutely ridiculous moods so the night was freakin' hillarious. Sunday was a nice relaxing day too - watched some "Dead Like Me" (great show) went to the new Giant, made dinner, watched "Boondock Saints" and went to sleep by 10:00! I am in a fabulous mood today, I'm very happy and content. Plus, the weather is lovely!
Two sad things: My rubber plant that the mouse ate is down to a single leaf. And, I'm all out of Chocolate Crunch rice cakes, so I have no delicious snacks in my office. :(
Happy President's Day, ya'll.
~Molly
"God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts". I thought that was actually a positive statement. It's the same church that had a funny sign in August: "Hot outside? Try one of our Sundays".
Also, I wanted to put in a plug for a website that my friend Stephanie got me addicted to. It is http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ . I read it every Monday, and today it is exceptionally good, and worth reading. There are some intense thoughts on there this week.
My mom is leaving March 3rd for Mexico! I am really happy that she's going, but very jealous at the same time. She's not really looking forward to it - she hates traveling, doesn't want to take the time off work, and has no desire to go somewhere where "she can't speak the language or drink the water" (her words). I still think it will be an amazing trip for her, and that maybe she'll discover how wonderful travel can be. I keep reassuring her that she'll be staying at a RESORT, in Mexico. Language will not be a problem. Mothers :)
Had another lovely weekend. Friday the four of us (Uly, Dan, Hierald, and I) went out on 2nd street to celebrate Dan's 23rd. We hit up Cafe Fresco, Molly Brannigan's, and McGrath's. It was the first time I had been out with my friends since I started seeing Chris. I have a theory on "going out on the town" while dating someone.
1. Somehow, you become more desirable to all the other guys at the bar.
I do believe this is true. I NEVER get hit on at bars. Ever. I'm not complaining, its not really my thing anyway, and I'm usually out with either Dan or Hierald (which always helps cut down on the creepies). But on Friday, literally four guys struck up a conversation with me, and one asked to buy me a drink, which I declined, politely. What is that?! Why didn't that happen when I was single? I literally never have guys talk to me, let alone offer to buy me a drink. The last drink a random stranger bought for me was on my 21st birthday. So, what is it about being in a relationship with someone that seems to bring other guys out of the woodwork? Very intriguing.
Saturday I chilled in the morning, took a nap because I didn't sleep much the night before, obviously. Listened to some music, did some stuff around my room, got a shower, and then met up with the friends to go bowling. After that, I went to Chris' around 5:00. We went out to eat at the Italian Oven (sooooo delicious) and then got coffee at Starbucks. We were both in absolutely ridiculous moods so the night was freakin' hillarious. Sunday was a nice relaxing day too - watched some "Dead Like Me" (great show) went to the new Giant, made dinner, watched "Boondock Saints" and went to sleep by 10:00! I am in a fabulous mood today, I'm very happy and content. Plus, the weather is lovely!
Two sad things: My rubber plant that the mouse ate is down to a single leaf. And, I'm all out of Chocolate Crunch rice cakes, so I have no delicious snacks in my office. :(
Happy President's Day, ya'll.
~Molly
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home