Rice Cakes make me happy
My office is seriously cold. I've had perpetual goosebumps all day today. I thought this frigidness would be over, as last week I finally identified the location of the thermostat. It has been on 85 degrees since I got to work around 10:30. I have a fear that I may develop frostbite on my toes.
I also wanted to mention that I am officially addicted to Quaker rice cakes in the flavor of chocolate crunch. They are delicious, and I ate half a pack just today! Good thing they are only 60 calories and are made with whole grains, I suppose.
In other news, my favorite cousin Alyssa and I are getting together soon! She lives about two hours away in Virginia, so either this Sunday or next we're going to meet halfway and have lunch or something. I am excited to see her, it's been awhile, and there is much to discuss.
I have not yet received my next installment of Times magazine. This troubles me slightly, as I want to read all about Condoleeza Rice. I saw that she was featured on Time when I was at Barns and Noble with Chris last weekend.
Speaking of last weekend, it was very nice. To me, Sunday stuck out as a lovely, lovely day. Chris and I got sooo much sleep it was crazy. We spent a long time cuddling and relaxing, which was also very nice. Then we got up, took showers, and then went to lunch at the Peachtree (where I saw a lady from the Harrisburg CAC, oddly enough). After lunch, Chris took me to see Fort Hunter in Harrisburg, and we braved the elements to read some signs about the historical buildings. The river is breathtaking right now...full of ice and snow. After watching the water for a bit, we went on a 2 hour drive through the country. Chris showed me some places I had never been (his rail trail, and tower city--which has no towers, incidentally). We also ended up at Millersburg, a very quaint town at one point. After the drive we warmed up at home, played a bit of wii, and then cooked dinner together. We watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's" while eating dinner, then went to sleep very soon afterwards. But the point of all of this - we spent a lot of time talking, doing things together, and being close to each other on Sunday. I really needed that closeness.
This week has been good. Busy-ish at work, which is always helpful. I got a new client today, and I'm getting another next week! This is exciting for me! Yesterday I went to a lecture about the religious right at Messiah, and I actually enjoyed it quite a lot. I found some of the speaker's points to be very interesting, and I always love "controversial" topics that are brought to Messiah. Tonight Lk and Dan are coming over for dinner, and we're making spaghetti. I borrowed Chris' DS for the week, so I think Dan will die tonight when he sees the games that I brought home with me. Tomorrow my Dad invited Chris and I to go to a Bears game that he has box seats for - including drinks and dinner. He's called me like 10 times to get me to confirm I'm going, but Chris doesn't seem that enthusiastic, so I haven't made up my mind yet. I do so love getting angry voicemails from el padre. I'm thinking I want to go, it sounds like fun to me, but we'll see. I'm excited that Chris is coming home tonight! Even if I don't get to see him, I love knowing he's only in Harrisburg, rather than far away in Maryland.
Um, so ends my ramblings. You should buy some of these rice cakes. They really are delicious.
~Molly
Labels: chris; weekend, Rice Cakes
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home