To answer, or not to answer?
I may be the only one who does this, but I never answer the phone when its a number I don't recognize.
Since the inception and general worldwide usage of caller ID, I feel as though I DESERVE to know who is trying to contact me before I pick up the phone. No surprises. I can avoid a call if I feel like it. It is a very handy device, caller ID. So, if I receive a call on my phone and I don't recognize the number or the caller, I get indignant. Who could it be? 9 times out of 10, I wait for the person to leave a message then immediately call my voice mail to find out who it was.
However, last night, I answered a number I didn't recognize! I don't know what came over me...it must have been a full moon, or I had fever, or something. But I decided to answer. And as soon as I heard "Hello darling!" I was ever so glad I did!!
It was Mr. Andrew Lewis Esq. himself! The accent immediately brought a huge smile to my face -- It was so very good to hear from him. For those of you who haven't had the chance to meet Andy yet, he has the charming, eloquent, posh British accent. ("Hello dahling") There are others, like my friend Allyssa, who boasts a more "London-esque" accent. ("Oy! 'Ello Mate!") It's always a pleasure to hear Andy's voice. But anyway, he was calling me because he was currently in the "Non-alcoholic Student Union" (as he called it) at Messiah. He had arrived in the States on Monday, and got to E-town on Tuesday. Yesterday, being Wednesday, he was visiting Messiah. While we were talking, he told me he was waiting for Karen (another girl from England) to finish her shift at the SU and then he and several others were going to watch a "film, oops I mean 'Moooo-vay' " in her room. I told him I was sick and he laughed a lot when he heard about the mono. We just had a quick conversation, but it was fabulous to talk to him. He promised to call when there was something fun going on, and we're going to make plans to see each other soon. What a fabulous end to the night!
Well, I suppose I should talk briefly about what I did yesterday. I went to work really late, which was nice since I've been so tired. It was a good day at work- low key and semi-productive. After that, I picked Emily and Chris up, and we went to the Farm Show! It was a lot of fun - and we got delicious food as always. I got a baked potato, a milkshake, and chicken nuggets - Farm Show classics! We checked out the bunnies and the horses, and saw an absolutely gigantic pig with baby piglets. I even got to see what I came for - the pooping cows. The butter sculpture was also fun - it was Benjamin Franklin looking at the liberty bell. Yesterday was my best health day in awhile, but even still I got very tired and worn out after walking around the Farm Show for just a couple of hours. Still, it was the most physical exertion that I've done in awhile. I can tell that my body is still not recovered. I'm hoping that I'll feel better by this weekend, but you never know.
After I dropped off Chris and Emily, I went home. Talked to Chris on the phone for a bit, and then got online briefly. Talked to Dan, Sarah, and my friend from England Stephanie. Steph wants me to come to Ohio and ride with her to see Anna (another fellow study abroad student) who is studying at Wheaton for the weekend sometime in Feburary. It's a 4 hour drive to Stephs, and then another 6.5 to Anna's. So, thats a lot for the weekend, so I'm not sure. I would really love to see those girls though - I miss them a lot, and it would be SO much fun! Then, Andy called me, and my story has come full circle!
Yesterday was a great day! Can't wait for Friday though! :)
~Molly
Since the inception and general worldwide usage of caller ID, I feel as though I DESERVE to know who is trying to contact me before I pick up the phone. No surprises. I can avoid a call if I feel like it. It is a very handy device, caller ID. So, if I receive a call on my phone and I don't recognize the number or the caller, I get indignant. Who could it be? 9 times out of 10, I wait for the person to leave a message then immediately call my voice mail to find out who it was.
However, last night, I answered a number I didn't recognize! I don't know what came over me...it must have been a full moon, or I had fever, or something. But I decided to answer. And as soon as I heard "Hello darling!" I was ever so glad I did!!
It was Mr. Andrew Lewis Esq. himself! The accent immediately brought a huge smile to my face -- It was so very good to hear from him. For those of you who haven't had the chance to meet Andy yet, he has the charming, eloquent, posh British accent. ("Hello dahling") There are others, like my friend Allyssa, who boasts a more "London-esque" accent. ("Oy! 'Ello Mate!") It's always a pleasure to hear Andy's voice. But anyway, he was calling me because he was currently in the "Non-alcoholic Student Union" (as he called it) at Messiah. He had arrived in the States on Monday, and got to E-town on Tuesday. Yesterday, being Wednesday, he was visiting Messiah. While we were talking, he told me he was waiting for Karen (another girl from England) to finish her shift at the SU and then he and several others were going to watch a "film, oops I mean 'Moooo-vay' " in her room. I told him I was sick and he laughed a lot when he heard about the mono. We just had a quick conversation, but it was fabulous to talk to him. He promised to call when there was something fun going on, and we're going to make plans to see each other soon. What a fabulous end to the night!
Well, I suppose I should talk briefly about what I did yesterday. I went to work really late, which was nice since I've been so tired. It was a good day at work- low key and semi-productive. After that, I picked Emily and Chris up, and we went to the Farm Show! It was a lot of fun - and we got delicious food as always. I got a baked potato, a milkshake, and chicken nuggets - Farm Show classics! We checked out the bunnies and the horses, and saw an absolutely gigantic pig with baby piglets. I even got to see what I came for - the pooping cows. The butter sculpture was also fun - it was Benjamin Franklin looking at the liberty bell. Yesterday was my best health day in awhile, but even still I got very tired and worn out after walking around the Farm Show for just a couple of hours. Still, it was the most physical exertion that I've done in awhile. I can tell that my body is still not recovered. I'm hoping that I'll feel better by this weekend, but you never know.
After I dropped off Chris and Emily, I went home. Talked to Chris on the phone for a bit, and then got online briefly. Talked to Dan, Sarah, and my friend from England Stephanie. Steph wants me to come to Ohio and ride with her to see Anna (another fellow study abroad student) who is studying at Wheaton for the weekend sometime in Feburary. It's a 4 hour drive to Stephs, and then another 6.5 to Anna's. So, thats a lot for the weekend, so I'm not sure. I would really love to see those girls though - I miss them a lot, and it would be SO much fun! Then, Andy called me, and my story has come full circle!
Yesterday was a great day! Can't wait for Friday though! :)
~Molly
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home