Tales from a Chipmunk
I need to work on this. Pretty soon I'm going to forget all about my blogger again.
Anyway. Wow. So again, a lot has happened.
Today, actually in like 15 minutes, I'm getting audited by the good 'ole government! They will be checking my files and finding mistakes, I'm sure!! I have done a lot of prep work, so it might not be that bad (here's hoping!).
Oh yeah, I'm sick. I went to the Doctor's yesterday and she said that I have double ear infections, a throat infection, and the possibility of mono. YAY! Also, my face is very swollen, as are my glands. So I basically look like a chipmunk with nuts in its mouth. It's quite amusing to some of my friends. Namely Dan and Hierald. Although I did agree with them when they commented about how I always seem to get weird and random diseases, never just a simple cold. (I'm sure we ALL recall the pneumonia vaccine reaction- aka insanely painful swollen arm incident!)
Well, I haven't posted since Christmas basically, so I'll do a short rundown of the following days. I spent a ton of time with Chris - including New Years because my friends are a bit flaky and plans were cancelled for a second time. So Chris and I spent Saturday going shopping for things for his house (which included - a trash can, dish towels, pot holders, toaster, new rice cooker, salt and pepper shakers, a spoon rest, and some alcoholic paraphernalia.) We had a delicious dinner at Outback Steakhouse also. Sunday, we decided that we were going to throw a party for ourselves. So, we went to the grocery store and bought lots of ingredients. I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, and Chris made spinach balls. We also had chips and salsa. Complete with some wine and finally champagne around 12, it was a very awesome party. We actually missed the ball dropping, which is very amusing to me. I think our celebration was just fine though :)
So Monday morning we parted ways, and I haven't seen him since! It has been a real pain in the butt - i do not enjoy going eight days without Chris. Especially when I had seen him so much previously. I do not think I would be good at long-distance relationships. As much as emails, texts, and talking on the phone help, I definitely need the one-on-one actual interaction. Call me crazy ;)
Last week was pretty uneventful, I slept a lot. It was a three day work week for me, so that was nice. I also got to read a couple of books. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "City of Ember". I'm currently reading "Anthem" by Ayn Rand. The first is one of Chris' favorites, and the second and third he got me for Christmas. I very much enjoyed all of them so far and can't wait to read the sequels to City of Ember.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time lapse here - I just got audited and it went wonderfully!! Yay for me!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last Friday I took off to go to Richmond with my family. I got to see my grandfather, who I haven't seen since June! It was really great to see him - I miss him so much. He's pretty old though (86) and looking feeble. Every time I leave him, I wonder if it's the last time I'm going to see him. I made sure to leave with a big hug and "I love you" just in case. I'll never forget the last thing my Grandma said to me when I visited her in the hospital - "Thanks for coming to see me. You made my day." I think it's really important to end everything ( a conversation, visit, email, etc) on a positive note, because we never truly know what the next day, hours, minutes... will bring.
Oh gosh - yesterday. So I'm chilling upstairs in my room, cleaning a bit and really gearing up to take a hugely satisfying nap. Kristen calls me downstairs to look at bridesmaid dresses, and then Dan walks in. He's all like "There's black smoke billowing out of your chimney." Kristen freaks out, thankfully, and calls Hierald who calls public safety, who calls maintenance, who almost calls the fire department. They turn off our furnace thingy, and the smoke stops. However, we have a high level of carbon monoxide, the silent killer, in our house. They opened all the windows and ventilated the house. But still -- how scary! If Dan had not come over and told us, and I had taken a nap, I could have been in serious trouble! The reading was 85, and the danger zone is 100 and over. So boo to that -- I was evacuated to my house for the night.
So I think that's all for now. I can't think of anything else extremely interesting to post.
Oh wait! My friend Andy is officially here! He's studying abroad at E-town for the semester, fresh from England! I'm stoked!
Tata!
~Molly
Well, I haven't posted since Christmas basically, so I'll do a short rundown of the following days. I spent a ton of time with Chris - including New Years because my friends are a bit flaky and plans were cancelled for a second time. So Chris and I spent Saturday going shopping for things for his house (which included - a trash can, dish towels, pot holders, toaster, new rice cooker, salt and pepper shakers, a spoon rest, and some alcoholic paraphernalia.) We had a delicious dinner at Outback Steakhouse also. Sunday, we decided that we were going to throw a party for ourselves. So, we went to the grocery store and bought lots of ingredients. I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, and Chris made spinach balls. We also had chips and salsa. Complete with some wine and finally champagne around 12, it was a very awesome party. We actually missed the ball dropping, which is very amusing to me. I think our celebration was just fine though :)
So Monday morning we parted ways, and I haven't seen him since! It has been a real pain in the butt - i do not enjoy going eight days without Chris. Especially when I had seen him so much previously. I do not think I would be good at long-distance relationships. As much as emails, texts, and talking on the phone help, I definitely need the one-on-one actual interaction. Call me crazy ;)
Last week was pretty uneventful, I slept a lot. It was a three day work week for me, so that was nice. I also got to read a couple of books. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "City of Ember". I'm currently reading "Anthem" by Ayn Rand. The first is one of Chris' favorites, and the second and third he got me for Christmas. I very much enjoyed all of them so far and can't wait to read the sequels to City of Ember.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time lapse here - I just got audited and it went wonderfully!! Yay for me!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last Friday I took off to go to Richmond with my family. I got to see my grandfather, who I haven't seen since June! It was really great to see him - I miss him so much. He's pretty old though (86) and looking feeble. Every time I leave him, I wonder if it's the last time I'm going to see him. I made sure to leave with a big hug and "I love you" just in case. I'll never forget the last thing my Grandma said to me when I visited her in the hospital - "Thanks for coming to see me. You made my day." I think it's really important to end everything ( a conversation, visit, email, etc) on a positive note, because we never truly know what the next day, hours, minutes... will bring.
Oh gosh - yesterday. So I'm chilling upstairs in my room, cleaning a bit and really gearing up to take a hugely satisfying nap. Kristen calls me downstairs to look at bridesmaid dresses, and then Dan walks in. He's all like "There's black smoke billowing out of your chimney." Kristen freaks out, thankfully, and calls Hierald who calls public safety, who calls maintenance, who almost calls the fire department. They turn off our furnace thingy, and the smoke stops. However, we have a high level of carbon monoxide, the silent killer, in our house. They opened all the windows and ventilated the house. But still -- how scary! If Dan had not come over and told us, and I had taken a nap, I could have been in serious trouble! The reading was 85, and the danger zone is 100 and over. So boo to that -- I was evacuated to my house for the night.
So I think that's all for now. I can't think of anything else extremely interesting to post.
Oh wait! My friend Andy is officially here! He's studying abroad at E-town for the semester, fresh from England! I'm stoked!
Tata!
~Molly
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home