What a weekend...
Wow, so I went almost 4 days without posting! What HAVE you all been reading to occupy your time??Well, today is going to be a very busy day for me. It already is! I am having my files audited tomorrow by my boss, in a preemptive effort to have them ready for the REAL audit which is taking place in January. Thankfully, I did some work at Chris' this weekend, so I'm not behind schedule too much. I really probably shouldn't even be posting, but I don't want to get out of the habit. It's so easy to put it off, and I'm enjoying it too much to stop.
I'm still drained today. I had an emotional weekend. I don't really feel like talking about it, because it seems to me like I've told the story a hundred times, and at this point I need to let it go. So, I'm just going to do a quick overview. Friday Chris and I were supossed to go with Amy and Sean to dinner and coffee. Amy and Sean, however, came home from Lock Haven with raging Strep throat. So, they were sick and contagious. Plus, Chris still wasn't feeling great. So, plans were cancelled. We basically laid around for awhile, then went to Giant to get some food, and I cooked us dinner. I left around 11 to go home and see Amy. I spent the night at home, and had a horrible sleep. Saturday morning I cooked breakfast for Sean and I (Amy and Mom went to the Drs) and then went to Wal-Mart. In case you didnt know, Wal-Mart a week from Christmas on a Saturday, is HELL ON EARTH. I had to return some stuff, and waited in line for about 45 minutes. Then I got some decorations for Kristen's 21st (the reason why I was at Wal-Mart in the first place) and waited in line for another half an hour before I could check out. NEVER AGAIN. Around 2:00, I got to Chris', decorations bought for that night, and work in hand. Not 20 minutes after I got there, the crisis started at Hieralds'. Obviously, plans for Kristen's birthday were called off. All day long I was taking phone calls from them, trying to help them out with what was going on. I managed to get a couple of hours of work in, which was very good. In between calls, Chris and I played some games. He taught me Flux, the game at which I beat him in four straight rounds :) We also played Rack-o (I let him win, his poor, poor ego) and a really fun game called Lost Cities.
The day was rough for me because I love Hierald, Kristen, and Josh a lot. The fact that they were all really upset and scared was enough to make me upset. However, it was even worse because I related so easily to their emotions. Something similar happened to me not long ago, and I will never forget the feelings associated with it. The intense pain, the sadness, but most of all, the fear. When you find out that something is really wrong with someone that you love deeply, and that they are in trouble -- there is nothing like it. It is overwhelming. So, needless to say, I was somewhat of an emotional basket-case on Saturday. I was really thankful to be at Chris', although at the same time, I was very nervous to let him see me vulnerable. I don't let many people see the Molly without the walls. I often come off as a strong, independent, self-sufficient woman, and I believe I am. But, there are things that can bring me to my knees easily, and issues with the people I love is one of those things. Chris was really there for me on Saturday. Everytime I got off the phone with Kristen or Hierald, he was there to hug me. He made sure I got my work done. He distracted me by playing games with me, and he even made me laugh. Most of all, he held me for a long time. Somehow he knew I just needed that sense of touch. Even though he was still sick, he let me spend the night at his house. He knew I needed to talk, and I told him a little about my past, and why the day had affected me so much. Instead of being scared off by it, he just held me closer. His support this weekend meant more to me then all the other wonderful things he has done so far.
Sunday I went to Hierald's and Kristens to offer my support and help in figuring out what to do for the situation that had arisen. We talked it out, I offered suggestions, and then we had a group discussion. After everyone had a chance to talk and share their feelings, a decision was made. Fortunately, it was the best decision that could be made in the situation, although it was still hard for everyone involved. After that, I went to my house to help my mom get ready for carolling that night. By the time I got there and filled her in on updates, I was so emotionally drained that I needed to go sleep. After a three hour nap, I got up and helped with the finishing touches for carolling that night. Many of my friends came, including: Chris, Hierald, Dan, Uly, Vicky, Sarah, Kirsten, Laura, and Teri. (Did I miss someone?) It was a great way for Chris to meet the remainder of the friends, and also to meet my family. He did an amazing job, and everyone really liked him. (Especially Emily, suprisingly enough! She loved that he held her rabbit. She called me on my way home from the house to tell me that he was very cute, also. :) Of course I knew this, but it was awesome that she gave him the thumbs up. ) Carolling itself was fun, we sang to a few appreciative people, but mostly to deserted houses, which is always amusing. We then adjourned to my house for the after-party. My mom did an excellent job - she had cookies, a veggie tray, hot coco and tea, cheese and crackers, and chex mix. It was much appreciated by all!
The weekend definitely got better by last night. Chris will be home Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, which is exciting. I don't really know that we have plans, but I'm hoping he's 100% better by then! :)
Oh, the picture. I posted it with this entry because I liked it, but also to plug http://www.postsecret.com/ . I always check it on Mondays, its a great site.
Also, pray that I don't get sick...I'm feeling it just a bit this morning :(
Love you all. Thanks for a great Sunday!
~Molly
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home