Monday, December 04, 2006

My Weekend: A Recap



Welcome to today's installation of "My Weekend: A Recap". Pull up a chair, grab yourself a drink, and get comfortable!

I had a fabulous weekend, and I can't seem to stop gushing about it.

It all started Friday night. I stayed at work later than normal. (If you remember, Thursday night I spent with Chris and didn't get to sleep till around 3:30 am!) So, I did not get to work on time, hence the staying later aspect. Kinda sucks on a Friday, but definitely worth it. So after showering and getting ready, it was already after 7. I had missed Chris' call (as I seem to do!) so called him back and we established plans for the evening.

Now, this deserves its own paragraph. He made me dinner! This is the first time that a boy ever made me dinner. It was really good, and very creative. It consisted of mozzarella and tomatoes in a sauce over a bed of fresh spinach and some marinated beef. It was healthy and delicious! He even baked a shoofly pie for dessert...Which was equally amazing. I don't really know why, but the fact that he cooked/baked for me really touched me, it meant a lot.

After dinner, we went to the Comedy Zone in New Cumberland. Chris knew EXACTLY how to get there..His navigational skills are truly amazing. Now if only he could master North vs. South 83... :) Neither of us had been to the comedy place, so we were excited to try it out. It was a lot of fun - the standup was pretty good! Equally funny was this insanely drunk guy (Mike) in the corner, who apparently goes hunting. The comedian kept calling him "Buck" and making antlers with his hands (the guy had NO idea he was even talking about him, I don't think...). Plus, the Puerto Rican "lesbian" with the CRAZY laugh behind us made everything better. Very fun.

So we get back to Chris' and its late already - almost 1. We chill on the man-eating couch for a bit and listen to some music. Although we were feeling decidedly anti-Led Zepplin on Friday, we listened to a large variety of songs. I was crazy tired at this point, so sleep was the only option. NOT, however, before he called me his girlfriend! God, its moments like this that make me feel so silly and giddy, like a little girl. I don't even care though - hearing him confirm what I was hoping he was feeling was such a great feeling. Its so fun to be able to share some of my "firsts" with him. (in a mostly INNOCENT way, get your minds out of the gutter) Such as him being the first guy to cook me dinner, the first guy to call me his girlfriend first, the first guy who makes an effort to see me, call me, and spend time with me.

Saturday was a lovely morning full of sunshine, smiles, snuggling, and shoofly pie. There was a slightly embarrassing hair incident, but it is to be expected.

Around 1, Uly, Vicky, and Dan came to pick me up, and we were off to Philly for the weekend! Philly is one of my favorite places to visit. There are always new things to do. We arrived at the hotel around 3, and after initial problems with check-in, we got situated and planned our evening. Our hotel was near Drexel University, so for awhile we walked around, in search of a Cosi's that we never did find. However, all the walking aroused our appetites, so we found a subway and were on our way to Old City - the home of Penn's Landing, and the "clubbing" section of Philly. We went to Cuba Libre for dinner. This was what I was really hoping to do in Philly, more than anything else. The food was AMAZING! Dan and I had Empanadas for appetizers. Uly and Vicky got a yummy pork dish, with plantains. For the main course, I had my favorite Cuban dish - Ropa Vieja - literally translated as "old clothes". Its actually shredded beef simmered in a tomato/onion/pepper sauce. It came with black beans and rice on the side. My mouth was in heaven...Paired with a pitcher of Sangria, it was a tastebud extravaganza!

After eating till we were incredibly full, it was back on the subway! We got off at the stop for Dave & Busters. The Philly one is HUGE, and CRAZY crowded! I had never been there, so it was a lot of fun. I played tons of games. Some of my favorites were the ATV ride, the motorcycle ride, canoeing, and the shooting gallery. (I was really good at it, go figure.) I won a lot of tickets at that one. We managed to meet up with Hierald at D&B right about the time we were leaving. We walked to 2nd street and frequented one of the only calm, quietish bars we could find. After dessert and another round of drinks, everyone was ready to head back to the hotel and get some rest. We had grand plans to go to the Franklin Institute at 9:30 in the am, so sleep was imperative (esp for me!). After a taxi ride that defies description...We arrived at the hotel. I fell asleep first, and apparently missed angry neighbors who were banging on the wall when my amigos were laughing at a George Lopez standup routine.

As we had to leave Philly by 12 to get to the concert on time, we didn't end up getting to the Franklin Institute. I was very sad, because they have a giant replica of the heart that you can walk through! I really need to get there. In Feb. Actually, King Tut will be there! So I'm thinking that I will need to plan a Feb Philly trip. Any takers?

We stopped at Friendly's for lunch, and got to the Hershey Theater just in time for the concert. It was lovely, and my Aunt and Uncle's solo was very good. I'm proud of them, and glad that they get involved with things that they love - music. There was a sing-along session, which is always fun.

After that, I went home and slept from 6-9, which is why its almost 2 and I'm still up. Hopefully soon I will be back on schedule!

Not really looking forward to this week at work. I don't really have that much to do, as of now. Crises do come up, so it may turn out to be a hectic week!

Ok, I do believe that's it for now. Until next time...Anyone wanna buy a Raptor?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2006/11/30/2576373-ap.html

~ Molly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy
Best Buy Coupon