Tuesday, December 19, 2006

CAPS LOCK SHOWS MY WRATH!


Yep. That's right. I'm SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF. Oh, how shall I count the ways??

So, as most of you are aware, my boss told me Friday afternoon that she was coming to pre-audit my files Tuesday at 10:00 am. This is a huge deal. It takes tons of time to make sure files are in order. Every date, signature, and blank space needs to be filled in correctly. We are supposed to get at least a week in advance notice to get our files up to par. Plus, I am a new case manager, and can easily make mistakes when it comes to my files. As I still haven't had my initial 3 - month probation performance review (wow, what a HUGE surprise that is!) I need to make a good impression on my boss. So what does Molly do? She deals with the fact that she only has a day and a half to get her files in order. She takes work home over the weekend. She does work at Chris' house instead of spending time with him. She has an emotionally stressful weekend, but still finds time to focus on work. Even though she's not feeling 100% great on Monday (everyone around her is sick!) she stays up late last night to make sure everything is in order for today at 10:00. She gets into the office early, and cleans it. She makes sure that her files are organized and everything is ready to go. She does misc. other things while waiting for her boss to come...

At 12:00 she gets a call from her boss' assistant.

"Molly? This is Candace. How are you?"
"I'm good, thanks. Are you calling to warn me that Robyn is on her way?"
"Well, actually..."
"Oh no, did she leave awhile ago? I better hurry up and finish some stuff."
"Actually Molly, Robyn won't be able to make it up today."
"~~~Silence from me.~~~"
"I'm sorry Molly, I know you had an appointment with her today."
"Yeah, two hours ago."
"She's just a little under the weather. She's going home early."
"Well, ok. When are we rescheduling for?"
"Wellllll, here's the thing."
"~~~HUGE scowl from me. Thank God this conversation wasn't in person!~~~"
"Robyn is on vacation till the middle of January. Soooo, she won't be able to meet with you until mid January."
"But Candace, isn't the REAL audit in the middle of January?"
"Yes, she'll be out a bit before it."
"~~~Seriously pissed voice~~~ Ok Candace. Thanks for letting me know."

Ok. So this means several things. I wasted my life away trying to get ready for today, and Robyn doesn't show. I now have like three weeks to get ready for my "pre-audit". Most of the work is done now, which is admittedly nice. BUT STILL. Thirdly, now Robyn is coming immediately before my REAL audit. So if there are any problems with my file, I have NO TIME to fix them! I'm just mostly upset about the stress that I put on myself for no reason.

I am freaking leaving early today. That is all for now.

~Molly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy
Best Buy Coupon