A very long post...
Since this is going to be a long post, I am providing a Table of Contents. This way, you can skip directly to your desired reading selection.
Section (A.) Sentimental Christmas post
Section (B.) My Day Today
Section (C.) Scary Moment
Section (D.) Tomorrow
(A.)I'm sitting in my living room at home. It's 7:30, and I'm completely surrounded by boxes that my sister and I just brought up from the basement. The smell of Thanksgiving is still in the air. Bing Crosby is crooning softly...It's time to decorate the tree. This moment always makes me so content. My sister and I will inevitably argue over the placement and inclusion of a few choice ornaments. (I'm 22, but man, I can revert back to being an argumentative 15 year old very easily!) My mom will string the lights, because only she knows how to do it the "right way". We will have a breathtakingly beautiful tree this year, as we always do. Our Christmas tree is really a place to hang our memories of good times. Each ornament is a little window into the past...A family trip, gift from a good friend, clothing pin reindeer made in first grade...Then there are the more bittersweet moments. We have our Grandmother's Nativity Scene to set up. That always gets to my mom. I really miss my Grandma. She was a wonderful woman. Hard to get along with occasionally, and feisty as can be, but she was a truly amazing woman.
(B.)On a different note, I had a good day today! My family and I went to the farmer's market this morning, and got lots of free veggies. I got some great looking zucchini (sp?) with which I hope to make vegetarian lasagna. I saw my sister's new boyfriend again, and I reaffirmed the fact that he's the first one I actually approve of. He actually makes an effort to talk to me and the family, and he's very personable. Unlike the skinny anti-social emo kids she usually dates. So, thumbs up to her, for making good choice in guys. This one might actually be semi-worthy of her :)
After the market, we went to Dollar Tree to get some cheap decorations for Christmas. I got some general things that I needed too...Like toothpaste, lighter for candles, and Pringles :) After that I had a lovely hour + phone conversation with Chris. (I am not good on the phone, so for me, this is a big accomplishment!!) Then was dinner. Sarah came over with dogs (?!?) and I helped her to walk them home to her house (a little over a mile away). We got to talk and catch up, which was great. Then (currently) is decorating, and at 9 I'm going to see the Prestige with Uly and Vicky at the West Shore Theater -- the best theater EVER. I'm excited about that too - I miss my girls a lot!
Also, got to talk to some England buddies today! I miss them a lot actually. They were so much fun. Found out that Andy, my next door neighbor, is coming to Elizabethtown for sure this upcoming semester! I am very excited about this. I miss him. He teases me a lot about asking questions. I know he really loves them :) I'm going to have to take him on the American version of a Pub crawl...Bar hopping! Although he hates the "ale" here...Can't say I blame him!
(C.)On another different note. Scarier actually. Hierald called me to tell me there was a scary guy outside our house (in our backyard) in a black hoodie, staring at our house. I am kind of concerned about this...As I was alone for awhile in the house yesterday, and Josh was all today. Hierald's going to get Messiah to replace our locks, and get us window locks too. I'm glad, because that's just really...Creepy.
(D.) So as I mentioned earlier, I talked to Chris today for about an hour. He was amazing as usual, and kindly agreed to hang out with me tomorrow. As it was his turn to organize the day, it sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun. We're going to meet for lunch at 12, and then go for a hike at the park that is apparently behind HACC (who knew?!). Then we're going to see stories tall, anti-religion, politically agenda-ed, tap dancing PENGUINS! What could be better, honestly? So I'm very excited, and will be sure to post tomorrow with an update. I'm so glad I still have a whole day of "weekend" left. Very happy to be spending it in such a fun way :)
Ok, well, I think all my blogger-reading fans should be good with this entry. It is way too long, and contains much information. I know you're reading...I installed a counter on the page! LEAVE ME COMMENTS. Comments are fun :)
Love you all!
~Molly
1 Comments:
(I am not good on the phone, so for me, this is a big accomplishment!!)
I find that hard to believe, as you've always been absolutely amazing on the phone whenever I've talked to you. :)
I'm going to have to take him on the American version of a Pub crawl...Bar hopping!
That reminds me of the group we saw walking back Wednesday night. "We're bar hopping, This is bar hopping!!!"
Post a Comment
<< Home