Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Teeth and Trailers and Chickens...Oh My!




So I went to the dentist's last night -- First time in over a year!! (Well, I didn't have insurance, and then was in Europe, give me a break) But all was mostly well, due to my excellent oral hygenine routine. I do have two fillings, and one of them has broken. So, I do need to get a new filling. But, that's not my fault. Other than that, I have to go in for a cleaning soon. So, two more Dentist appointments this month...Boy, I can hardly wait!

Work is a little stressful today. I need to turn in my monthly report ASAP. Also, one of my new cases, my family of 7, was evicted from their trailer yesterday. I'm headed down to the hotel they're staying at in an hour or so. Its a bummer, because we knew this was going to happen. But, there was not enough time to do anything about it, and now I'm going to try to get them into a shelter, which breaks my heart. I absolutely hate seeing children (there's 4 of them in this family) living in shelters. Children have such a need for constancy and stability...and it's very hard for them to have a life where neither is available. The mother is having problems controlling them lately, and I think it is because of all the tremendous changes the children's lives are going through. They're acting out, because that's how they show their fear, their anger, their nervousness. I sincerely hope I don't have to get Children and Youth involved...

On a totally unrelated topic...I ran across this website and think that everyone needs to check it out. http://www.vfr.net/~tbruce/facts.html These "Little Known Facts about Chickens" really made my day...I mean, who doesn't need a little more squawk in their lives?! I bet you didn't know that Alektorophobia is the word for "fear of chickens"!


Day two of renewed Blogging - completed!

~ Molly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy
Best Buy Coupon