Friday, November 24, 2006

Its a Beautiful Day...



Today was a really good day. I am having such a good time at home. Everytime I am home, I realize how much I miss my family when I don't spend a large amount of time with them. The women of my life are so inspiring, all in their own ways. My mom is a pillar of support, sacrifice, hospitality, encouragement, and love. Amy is so free-spirited and fun-loving. She challenges me, forces me to think in different ways, and most of all, she laughs with me. I am so glad that we have both changed and grown, and are able to be at this really good point where we understand and respect each other so much.

Emily had a rough day today. She talked to my dad's wife, Cathi, and Cathi said some really hurtful things to Emily. This is especially difficult for me to take, as Emily gets enough crap in life without having to deal with it from someone who is supposed to be there for her, to support her, to love her. With the combination of her learning support difficulties, and being a dwarf, she has had to deal with a lot. She's a very strong person, and manages to stand up for herself in any situation. As a result, she has a lot of anger and resentment, which in my opinion, is perfectly understandable. I try to help her to talk about her feelings rather then just translating them to anger and reacting that way. She was really angry after she talked to Cathi today, but it was really just hurt underneath the rough exterior.

We celebrated "Thanksgiving" today. My mom, Amy, and Emily were there of course. My aunt and uncle from Hershey came. Amy's best friend Laura came. Josh, Uly, Vicky, and Sarah also came, plus me = 11 for dinner! It was quite an event, and there was even a ton of leftovers! Tomorrow will be enjoyable as well :) At Amy's insistence, we even braved the mall! She got some Christmas presents, and I got a new pair of sneakers! (This is exciting, because my sneakers that I bought in England are very worn out. Although they have traversed six countries, so its to be expected.)

It was a very beautiful day today, as a very nice text message reminded me this afternoon. I do not look forward to the cold that is coming...But it brings with it winter, and all the amazingness that comes with that season.

Can I just say tomorrow's only Saturday?! Two more full days of weekend left! Yay!

~Molly

http://www.globalorgasm.org/ (thanks to Dan for this!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy
Best Buy Coupon