The Uncomfortable
So I created this blog because I have these intense images of me sitting at my computer nightly typing deep words of wisdom for those lucky few who stumble on my blog. Now I try to type, and nothing comes out. Typical.
Why is my blog called "The Uncomfortable"? Because that is how I see myself. I am an uncomfortable student. I am an uncomfortable friend. I am an uncomfortable Christian. It seems like nothing in life is black or white for me like it used to be. I'm not sure of anything, and that's hard. I worry that I'm not smart enough, pretty enough, motivated enough, strong enough, or patient enough to "suceed" in life. But what is success anyway? Do I define success for myself? What if I don't end up in Wikipedia by the time I die? Am I then a failure?
Nothing like getting off to a melancholy start. I don't mean to be as cynical as I am sounding. I'm glad to have this blog - Hopefully it will be a good thing for me, a needed outlet. Maybe it will help me to move from uncomfortable to content.
~ Molly
Why is my blog called "The Uncomfortable"? Because that is how I see myself. I am an uncomfortable student. I am an uncomfortable friend. I am an uncomfortable Christian. It seems like nothing in life is black or white for me like it used to be. I'm not sure of anything, and that's hard. I worry that I'm not smart enough, pretty enough, motivated enough, strong enough, or patient enough to "suceed" in life. But what is success anyway? Do I define success for myself? What if I don't end up in Wikipedia by the time I die? Am I then a failure?
Nothing like getting off to a melancholy start. I don't mean to be as cynical as I am sounding. I'm glad to have this blog - Hopefully it will be a good thing for me, a needed outlet. Maybe it will help me to move from uncomfortable to content.
~ Molly
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home